Wednesday, June 17, 2009

31 Weeks

WARNING: I am going to complain in this email!

Come on 40! I am so ready to have this baby. These past two weeks have been too much. This diabetes thing might not be that big of a deal (like everyone likes to tell me), but they didn't sit through 4 hours of learning carbs vs. proteins and sugar levels yesterday! Understanding it all, grocery shopping, planning and preparing meals, packing 2 snacks and a lunch for work, checking my blood and recording it four times a day . . . it really feels like a lot to me right now on top of normal pregnancy things (childbirth classes, paperwork for maternity leave, NO SLEEP, multiple doctors appointments, finding clothes that fit . . . ) AND my mom is having surgery tomorrow AND our bathroom renovations are supposed to start tomorrow or Friday. AHHHHH. Calgon take me away . . . oh wait, we don't have a bathtub YET. Ha. OK, that felt good. I vented.

So Liam was 31 weeks yesterday. Again, the fruit is not important because he is supposedly bigger than the norm (but if I did put it on here it would be 4 navel oranges to represent the weight). He moves around SO much. It's fun to sit at my desk and poke at elbows, knees, hands or feet all day. Things really poke out now. I can watch something move from one side of my belly to the other and then back again. Very cool!

We had our first childbirth class last Thursday night. They are every Thursday from 6:30 - 9:00 for four weeks. We had a good time. Brian had to introduce us and tell the group our due date, the sex and name of the baby, favorite and least favorite things about the pregnancy and if we planned on using drugs or not. He did a very good job! Thankfully he didn't refer to me as his "lovely wife" like the guy before him. The same guy that scolded us all for wondering if we would be out in time for the start of the Magic's NBA finals game. He said "priorities people!" Yuck! I hope he sits somewhere else tomorrow night! We learned a lot about relaxation, breathing, contractions and labor. Brian took notes so he will be very prepared. I enjoyed lying on the floor at the end of the night, in the dark and participating in the relaxation . . . that is until I rolled over and realized that I had a direct crotch shot of the girl that decided it would be a good idea to wear a dress.

Mom is having her surgery tomorrow. I am very nervous and wish I could do more to help. She should be in the hospital for 2-3 days. We might be celebrating Father's Day at another time. Maybe I can at least take some food over.

3 comments:

  1. I love you. Glad you got all that out. Just remember we will have a tub in less than two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that gave me a good laugh, mostly the part about the guy and the Magic game. He needs to loosen up!! :-) I am sorry about the diabetes, you are in my thoughts. Your mom too! Hopefully you had a nice lunch with Erin today, a yummy salad and some nice girl talk... sounds like you need a little break, you have a ton going on. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete