Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm having contractions!

So I went in for my Monday morning monitoring today and the nurse said that I was having some consistent contractions. She counted on the paper that prints out and said about 8 minutes apart. She then said "you may be having this baby before next Monday after all!!" On the way out the door she told the cute lady at the front desk that they probably won't see me on Thursday (have I mentioned before that I love the women that work here). That woman said "well, Heather just called and is not coming in today because she had the baby last night!" Then they threw some voodoo on me and told me "GOOD LUCK!" I was instructed to call my doctor if they became more like 5 minutes apart. The thing is they don't hurt. It is just tight pressure. So sometimes I can't tell if it is "real" or not. I think I am having one right now at 2:15 so I will pay attention and see when it comes again.

By the way . . . I know that this could go on for a long time! And I also know that he probably won't be as big as they say! All just a guessing game. But kinda fun to guess, don't you think!?

Can we please talk about the HORRIBLE pelvic pain that I am having? How did I not know anything about this? For weeks I have been exclaiming that my vagina hurts (mostly just because it causes people to giggle) because I couldn't exactly tell where the pain was coming from. Last night it was SO bad that I started to google around and I found that it is a real thing. I am sure I have had this for a while. The things that people were writing online . . . hurts to put my pants on when I have to lift one leg, hurts to roll over in bed at night, hurts to walk up stairs . . . yep that's it. And it is getting worse everyday. OUCH!!!

Brian and I went out to dinner this weekend! It was the first time since I started the insulin. It has just seemed like too much of a hassle to me, but my craving for sushi won out and we did it! Brian packed a small cooler and got all of my things together for me. We went to Seito in Baldwin Park (a favorite!). My plan was to park close to the restaurant and then go do my shot after we ordered to ensure that I would be eating within 15 mins of ordering. Well we parked pretty far away so I decided to take a chance and gave myself the shot before we got out of the car. We were seated right away and ordered some edamame and seaweed salad as soon as we sat down. It came fast and I relaxed. I am sure you don't have to be this crazy about the timing but what do we know! I really didn't want to pass out there! We had the most delicious sushi! If you eat there be sure to try Fireworks on the Beach. It is as pretty as it is delicious. Can we go back tonight!?

3 comments:

  1. AH HAHAHAHA! I can't help but laugh at your vagina pain. It's not funny and I know it hurts, but I would tell people that and they would just stare at me. Jenny McCarthy says it best..."It feels like I felt on the bar while riding a boy's bike."
    And that is SO true! That's the babies head pushing on your pelvis. You have almost the entire weight of Liam hanging out on that bone down there. Don't be surprised if it lasts all the way up until you go into labor!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the contraction are "real" you will know! Not tightness but PAIN. They will get MUCH more intense and regular. Take your breath away get your attention HOLY MOLY I am in labor. No confusion I promise:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I figured it was something worse than what I was having . . . which isnt happening today!

    ReplyDelete