Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm not having fun anymore.

I sure hope that I remember how relatively easy the first trimester was. And how exciting it was in the second to start to get a belly and feel the baby move for the first time. Because all I know is that I'm not having fun anymore! I am so uncomfortable. I seriously don't think Liam fits in there. It hurts to sit, it hurts to stand and lying down is absolutely the worst. Since I can't sleep standing up, that is the most difficult task of all. So here I am at 2:00 a.m. complaining to my blog about what I know "is a blessing" and will be "worth every discomfort." Can I really do this for another 5 1/2 weeks? And will everyday be more uncomfortable than the one before!?

My blood sugar numbers are now where they should be. The insulin is working. I have learned that I prefer the shot in my thigh over my stomach. We stayed in for dinner tonight after talking about going out. To go out to dinner I would have to pack my insulin in a cooler and do it in the car and then hope our food doesn't take too long. Much easier just to have it all here at home. I sure do feel for people, especially children, with diabetes! For me (oh god, fingers crossed) this is a very short term problem but for people that live with it every day - and I know several - you are my heroes!

I think our master bathroom is coming along. I stopped looking! I am having too much fun cleaning and adding accessories to the hall bath (that is now complete) to go look at the one that is demolished. I think this time next week we will just about have two completely (and I do mean completely) new bathrooms. I will hopefully have pictures to post tomorrow. Was waiting to get organized in there.

All right . . . back to the couch. Then back to bed. Then to the couch. Then to bed. Fun times all night long. Brian said I could wake him up for some Scrabble around 4:00. Ha.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry that the end of your pregnancy is such a bummer. I do not think it will be 5 weeks, I think he will come early, but..... only time will tell. Not sleeping is horrible! He is just too big for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end is horrible- horrible with no sleep, horrible because it is so uncomfortable- I could go on and on and on. Not to sound like a cornball but you will forget every single second of it when they lay him on you. Oh, the love... it is like nothing I had felt before. You can't even begin to imagine what you will feel. See, I have myself all teared up sitting here typing this now wanting another. Sigh.

    Go ahead and complain- it stinks! The end is in sight and you will get through it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't sound like a cornball . . .just a loving mother that knows the feeling. I can't wait to feel it!!!! Until then . . . ugh! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't feel bad about complaining in your third trimester. complain away! you wouldn't be normal if you didn't. any man would have committed suicide by now and any woman that says they loved their third trimester...hasn't had a kid in atleast a century and has forgotten how miserable it can be.

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! So true about men! At least I know you forget fast because I keep reminding you of things, Shanna!

    ReplyDelete