Tuesday, February 3, 2009

We got ourselves a lime!

The baby is the size of a fruit we know! And oh, how good would it be in a Corona right about now!? Today we are 12 weeks pregnant. One trimester down. I have been blessed to feel so good and not feel nauseous once. Thank you pregnancy gods!The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. The baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, toes will curl, eye muscles will clench, and mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if I prod my abdomen, the baby will squirm in response, although I won't be able to feel it for awhile. We go to the doctor on Thursday and are supposed to be able to hear the heartbeat with the "doppler!"

Brian's mom came to visit this weekend. It was a short, but we had such a good time! We had a fantastic dinner with my parents at Le Coq Au Vin on Saturday night. Sunday we took her to the Farmer's Market downtown and had lunch at Dexter's. Brian and his mom enjoyed a Bloody Mary - jerks. We showed her my office. We had to take her back to her friends' at Disney in time to get home for the Super Bowl. It was a great time!

2 comments:

  1. I always thought those fruit comparisons from babycenter were crazy! Ok, so it is totally NOT fair you weren't sick... but I am happy for you:) You can have 5 now, right?! with such an easy early pregnancy. As you know I am so excited for you both and will happily share my mommy wisdom with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's talk about numbers after delivery!! You know I am going to be coming to you for so much! This is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete