Monday, February 16, 2009

What I would give for a little BC Powder!

I have had a really bad headache for two days. Went to bed with it last night, woke up with it this morning. Had a little relief after my shower, but it is back in full force! Good thing I don't have any meetings today and can just sit in my office with the lights off. I thought a little Chik-fil-a for lunch would help. Man o' man was that good!! But it didn't help. Any home remedies (I have tried Tylenol and Advil).

We had the best weekend! Went to dinner with the gang on Friday night. Fada and Derek brought Sofia. I really need to get into the habit of taking pictures for this blog. You would love to see how adorable she is . . . beautiful! We all passed her around. Everyone got a piece of her! From what I could tell, Jason is her favorite! I would like to think that she smiled like that for me and I just couldn't see it, because she was facing everyone else. I promise, from now on, there will be pictures! Saturday Brian made me a big breakfast for Valentine's Day. We had chocolate chip and banana pancakes. Yum. Then we went furniture shopping. We are looking for a large dresser and a chest of drawers for our bedroom so that we can get our clothes out of what will be the baby's room. No luck. We came home and had the Great Pizza Cook off of 2009!! We each made a pizza, in the kitchen, at the same time . . . cooked them together and shared. It was fun. Here are our pizzas . . . guess who made which one . . . 1) Thai Shrimp (just like CPK thai chicken, but with shrimp - lots of fresh ingredients - carrots, bean sprouts, green onions, cilantro, etc), 2) Italian sausage, bacon, onion, cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Brian gave me a pair of silver hoop earrings and tickets to see Morrissey at Hard Rock Live on March 1. I had mentioned the show to him and said something about not wanting to stand the entire time. Then I dropped it. He got us great seats in the balcony - yay, sensitive husband!! Yesterday I coped with a headache all day (oh, and whipped up a delicious rum cake - hey, if you can't drink it . . .), then we went over to my parents' to visit with my Uncle Chuck who is here all week from Kansas. It was so great to see him! We had a crab FEAST! I had the doctor in the back of my head saying "everything in moderation, everything in moderation," so I ate too much crab and skipped the second piece bread. I don't think that's what she meant. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment