Tuesday, February 24, 2009

An apple a day.

Here we are at WEEK 15. The baby is about the size of an apple. It's busy moving amniotic fluid through its nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop. The legs are growing longer than the arms now, and it can move all of its joints and limbs. Although the eyelids are still fused shut, our little kumquat can sense light. We'll have to shine a flashlight in there tonight. Ha. I read that I should begin to feel movement in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait for that!!


I feel great! I am not as hungry as I have been and feel full after half my meal. (of course I usually take it past that point and make myself miserable) My mom and I went shopping on Sunday. Mom gave me a "certificate" for Christmas for a maternity clothes shopping spree and it was time for a few things. We found a million tops. Mostly just the big, flowy styles at the Loft and Kohls -that aren't maternity. The maternity tops are so big on me - in the shoulders, length, etc. It is going to be awhile before I need those. Pants are a challenge. They have really cute maternity cargo pants, shorts and jeans, but I need work pants! We found a couple things, including a cute dress from the Loft, but then we ordered a few pairs of pants online from Gap Maternity. I hope those work or I will be sportin' cargo pants and heels at work for a couple of months. I can't really wear anything this week, not because it is still too big, but because it is still too cold! I am going to regret saying this, but I am ready for some warm days!! All right . . . off to work in my trusty green pants and some black sweater that I have worn so many times it should be outlawed!


(we have a doctor's appointment next week and I will post my first tummy picture. I will post them along with my doctor's appointment updates from now on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment