Tuesday, April 7, 2009

21 Weeks


Over the half way bump! Speaking of bumps . . . I think my belly is starting to get pretty big. We are taking a photo tonight and you can see for yourself.

I still can't get over how cool the ultrasound was last week. Can we do that every week? I just want to check in on the little boy! We are, oh so, close to annoucing the name. We were thinking of waiting till after he is born to prevent any nasty comments (why do people do that?) but everyone asks and it would be fun to start using it. And if you went to third grade with a fat kid that had the same name - we don't care!

The baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. It says that I will soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. I already feel this AND I can see my belly jumping. Brian still hasn't seen it. We both stared at my belly for about 30 mins yesterday and nothing! OOO . . . it just happened. He knows I am talking about him.

Another thing that is happening as I type . . . my wrists hurt. They really hurt! As mentioned below. I have read a lot and think that it must be carpel tunnel. Icing has been suggested. I will try.

In other news . . . we got a new dresser and chest of drawers this weekend. They are big and beautiful. We got all of Brian's clothes into the chest and made room in the closet for his clothes that are hanging in the baby's room. I got all of my stuff out of a dresser in the baby's room and into the new dresser. I made Brian try on everything he owns and we made decisions together. We took a huge amount of stuff to Goodwill (54 t shirts to start - oh my). It felt SO good. I feel really organized and ready to decorate the room. Brian is already planning the art and mom is crocheting!! I am art directing everyone. Ha. We continue to research cribs (thanks everyone for your input, it has been helpful).

4 comments:

  1. You need the wrist braces. We can talk. I slept with them at night and it really helped. My hands/wrists hurt so much it would keep me up at night:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it too Amy. I definitely think the wrist splints/braces is what helped me to get over the pain-it was so annoying! Obviously it is a common problem. Congrats on your little guy, I can't wait to hear what you are going to name him:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing about the braces! Looks like I should get them now before I loss another night of sleep. I asked the doctor about it yesterday and they said to take Benedryl (sp?) if I can't sleep. I think it would have been better if they had suggested braces!! This is one of those things that you don't hear about until it happens and then so many people have experienced it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, IKEA has some GREAT space saving baby furniture!

    ReplyDelete