Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Things Strangers Say . . . No 1

This is the first in what I think will be a long list of funny things people say to me. It's still weird that people are looking at me now and KNOWING that I am pregnant . . . not questioning if I am just gaining some weight!

A perfectly dressed, 40-something year old man got in the elevator at the same time as me this morning. He pushed "14," final destination: prestigious law firm. I felt him staring at my belly. All these thoughts flashed through my head . . . "you look important. do you have kids? did your wife look like this? did you even pay attention to her if she did? do you have a hot nanny? do you think I am a mess? Are you wondering if I am really pregnant or just drank too much beer?" Then he catches my eye and states . . .

"WHOA, you sure didn't plan this well. You have the entire summer!"

Not only did he know I was pregnant, but it seemed that he knew about how far along I was. I misjudged the important looking man and my thoughts quickly went to "caring father, making a living!" Ha.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, very funny and interesting story! I wonder how many kids he has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing you numbered this "things strangers say..." post-you will no doubt have many of them to share! (I think all moms should get together and write a book on the crazy things people say to pregnant ladies!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man...you could write a book. I enjoy your blogs more than anything. I love your take on all of the new things you are experiencing. Remember all of the things that people say to you...it's so fun. You'll get jackass remarks and loving ones and they are all something to remember.

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete