Tuesday, April 14, 2009

22 Weeks

The weeks are moving a lot faster now! I am starting to think about cribs and birthing classes and getting our bathrooms remodeled (for a bathtub) and back up sitters and breast pumps and . . . these are the things that keep me up at night! That's me . . . worry, worry, worry!

Today Liam is about 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash - yum!) and almost 1 pound. He's starting to look just like a miniture newborn with all the right pieces and parts! His lips, eyelids and eyebrows are becoming more distinct and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums (crooked I am sure - orthodonics in our future?). His eyes have formed, but the irises (the color part) still lack pigment.

I feel REALLY good this week. My wrist pain is less and my feet aren't bad either. A weekend of rest really helped! We went over to Mom and Dad's for Easter Sunday and I floated in the pool for a long time. I have a feeling I will be there a lot this summer! Mom made an incredible dinner (ham, the best funeral potatoes, homemade applesauce, asparagus, green beans . . .) and I didn't do a thing. Thank you!! I kept thinking about Easter next year . . . with an 8 month old (by the way, that is about my favorite "baby" age!). I am sure we will dress Liam up in some ridiculously cute outfit and take a million pictures. Life will be so different and so much fun! Then the following year we will hunt Easter eggs and the Easter bunny will become a favorite character - up there with Santa and the Tooth Fairy! I am excited to bring back some childhood traditions and make some new ones!

Not much else to report. Next drs appointment is in 2 weeks and I get a massage at the med spa before my appointment. This is the free 30 min one that they provide, but I still have the one hour one that Brian gave me for my birthday! Oh, and Brian took Miso for his one year appointment yesterday (what a great cat dad!) . . . he weighs 12.5 pounds and besides a little vision impairment (poor little guy needs glasses) he is in tip top shape. The vet said we are doing a great job. Hopefully a glimpse into how we take care of the baby!!


No comments:

Post a Comment