Tuesday, May 19, 2009

27 Weeks

OMG! How is it possibly Tuesday AGAIN. Another week down. Next week begins the 3rd trimester. WOW! Soon we are gonna have a baby. Are we ready for this!? No turning back now.

This week, Liam weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, his brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now (not yet, baby boy!). He seems to be positioned on my right side, way up high, tucked into my ribs. I don't know if it is feet, hands, a head, a butt, or all of the above, but at the same times everyday he tries to snuggle in closer and if I am sitting at my desk I have to stand up and try to get him to shift down a little. Brian has finally been able to feel him move a lot and we spend a lot of time at night staring at my belly while it jumps around. Brian narrates with the "whoa's" and "wow's" and the "did you feel thats?" I sure do feel it. I love it.

I am feeling good this week. I haven't been swelling like I was and my hands and wrists are not bothering me at night. Maybe I had too much sugar, salt or not enough water that week. Who knows. I do feel like my stomach might pop open. It pulls SO tight. Especially after I eat. It's like sucking your stomach in for a picture, but not being able to let it out.

Brian and I went to Amelia Island this past weekend. We left work early on Friday, drove up and stayed until Sunday. Mom and Dad kept Miso at their house and that worked out great. It was a nice relaxing beach get-away. It was different than our usual get-away, which might include a cocktail or ten! We didn't explore the local bar scene. But we did sit at the beach all day and we had two delicious meals. Nice and relaxing - just what we needed.

Now it is . . . back to work! We have bathroom renovations to start (meeting with the contractor again tonight at Lowe's), a baby's room to decorate (putting the crib together and organizing this weekend) and baby stuff to register for (that's on the agenda for Thurday night). It's all fun, exciting things so I am not going to let it stress me out!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, things are progressing faster than I ever imagined. This is really getting real. At first it is all about pregnancy, but then it starts becoming more about a baby! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you.

    ReplyDelete