Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

That's Mom and me yesterday at Harper's 1st birthday party (doesn't Mom look so tiny next to me!!). I have the BEST mom! We are best friends. We talk EVERYDAY . . . SEVERAL times a day. I often wonder who I would call with the silly little things that happen to me if I didn't have my mom to talk with. Luckily I do!! Thanks Mom for all you have done to make me who I am today. I love you SO much! I can't wait to share motherhood with you very soon . . . you can teach me the ropes!

We are headed to the beach today - Mom's choice! We will spend a couple hours this afternoon on the beach and then eat some deliciously fried seafood and listen to live music at Down the Hatch. What a perfect day! Brian had breakfast ready for me this morning. There were flowers and a card from him and one from Liam! So cute.

Yesterday was a strange day for me . . . full of sadness and celebration. Early in the day Jen, Trisha, Kristen (all the way from the Caymen Islands - so nice to see them!) and I attended the beautiful memorial service for our friend, Tall Chad. We call him Tall Chad so that we don't get him confused with our shorter Chad. Tall Chad was a unique guy. He loved nature and the outdoors. He is what you might refer to as a "dude!" What a cool dude he was!! He was only 31 years old when he was killed on his motorcycle last week. His memorial at the beautiful Leu Gardens was attended by hundreds of friends and family. The guys wore shorts and flip flops and the girls wore sundresses and capris. True Chad style. His parents and brother Mark greeted each guest at the door with long hugs and kind words. I am heartbroken for his family. His brother Mark is a dear friend that I hope I will see often, especially after his lose! The world was a better place with Tall Chad and I know that he is now enjoying the ocean and sun everyday! Here's a picture of Tall Chad (left), his Dad, Mark and Mom. Please keep the Schneider family in your thoughts!


I mentioned celebration . . . and I already mentioned Harper's birthday party . . . well, later in the day Mom, Dad, Brian and I attended Harper's 1st birthday party. Harper is Erin's daughter. Erin and I were very close friends in middle and high school. We have remained close and have recently begun to see each other more often. Back in the day our parents used to hang out a lot together, but they had lost touch. The party was a great opportunity for everyone to reconnect! It was the perfect party . . . calm (unlike a lot of little ones parties - i liked this!), good food, fun conversation! Thanks to Erin and Russ for including us and HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARPER!!

I guess I had a lot to say today! And I'll leave you with . . . HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the Mother's in my life!! You make the world go round!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha- calm! I do try to limit the number of kids I invite the the 1st birthday party...sshh!

    So glad you all could make it and so happy we are still close and a part of each others lives after all these years. It was so nice to see our parent together too!

    I hope you are enjoying the day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the lucky one! I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cried reading this post!! Your words about Tall Chad are soo true! And your mom is the best (besides mine of course). And Erin has the cutest kids, how could the party be bad?! tee hee!

    ReplyDelete