Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Random thoughts . . .

In the past I would hear people complain about how much a baby costs and I thought to myself . . . "how much can diapers really be!?" Well, Brian just called and told me the cost of having our security system updated (over $800), add this to bathroom renovations (need to add a tub for baby), add another person to our health insurance, purchase life insurance, enroll in Florida pre-paid college, future daycare bills, etc. etc. etc . . . OH! Having a baby IS expensive. Buying diapers IS not!

I left a funny story out of the post below. I had to get "permission" before mentioning. It took Brian about three hours to put the crib together on Saturday. He was very careful to do it correctly so that Liam would sleep safely for a long time! Somewhere at the beginning of this three hour project I made a suggestion . . . well, here is how the conversation went . . .

Amy: Do you think that you should put the crib together in the room?
Brian: Why?
Amy: In case it doesn't fit through the hallway or the door.
Brian: No! It'll fit.
Amy: OK

Fast forward three hours later.

Brian: ARE YOU *@#$ KIDDING ME?!
Amy: What!?
Brian: (staring at crib in hallway)
Amy: It doesn't fit?
Brian: (still staring at crib and turning it upside down)
Amy: I knew it wasn't going to fit (WRONG thing to say)
Brian: (staring at hinges of door)
Amy: Just take it a part and start over
Brian (staring at windows of bedroom for outside "delivery")
Amy: What are you thinking?
Brian: Would you please just stop talking

The rest is kind of a blur but I know that it took about 45 mins to take the crib apart and put it back together again IN THE ROOM! We are laughing about it today. We are still married. And we do still love each other!! ;)

5 comments:

  1. AH HAHAHAHAHA! That is hilarious! I just heard this same story from another one of our friends (Matt and Tiffany)...they did the exact same thing! Apparently, it happens alot. Tell Brian not to be embarrassed!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny! (Maybe Brian will listen to his smart wife next time!)

    I put Luke's crib together in his room just because it was too hot to do it in the garage and if I'm going to carry all the pieces parts into the house anyway why not just drag it all into the room where it goes. What I didn't realize until three years later when we moved out was that it didn't fit through the door! Charlie lucked out-I assembled the crib because I was tired of waiting for him to do it, then when we moved, he was overseas and I had one of our moving men friends to take it apart and reassemble in the new house :) (Had Charlie been in charge of the crib assembly, he would have tried the same thing as Brian but I would have proved him wrong with my handy-dandy tape measure-measure twice, fit once!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, you're super woman! That would be hard to put together by yourself - holding the sides up and all. My mom mentioned the tape measure. Brian promises that it is a lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let it beat you Brian! Cribs are like Organic Chemistry in College, meant to be a weed out. But you overcame... Twice! So that means you will be a kick-ass DAD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, that's so funny!

    ReplyDelete