Tuesday, May 5, 2009

25 Weeks

I think I will make this one a guessing game! It's week 25 and Liam weighs about the same (1.5 pounds) as the vegetable above. Or is it a fruit!? Who knows what it is!? Head to heels, he now measures about 13 1/2 inches and is beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat (yay! Chunky baby love - my favorite!). As he does this, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture. OMG, is it red!? I can hardly wait to know.

We didn't get a chance to put the crib together this weekend. We were too busy with a Kentucky Derby party! One project a weekend is about all I can handle. We DID put the glider together and I really like it. Here are a couple of pictures from the party . . .

That's Sofia, Fada and Derek's eight month old. She is scrumptious! She is such a well behaved baby. We all just pass her around.
Wouldn't it be fun if women still wore hats!?

So this weekend is Mother's Day! Someday soon I will receive a little hand print with "I love you Mommy." Or something equally adorable for Mother's Day! I can't wait. This year we are going to the beach! Mom's choice. I am looking forward to it. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the Mommy's that read my blog!!



5 comments:

  1. Ok, I will go first! Is that a turnip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can go ahead and wish you a Happy Mother's Day, too! The next one will be so much fun! BTW-I think it's a rutabega (sp?) or maybe a parsnip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You win, Stephanie!! It is a rutabega (sp?). Do people eat those!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was SO close:

    "Turnips and rutabaga's are root vegetables are closely related and are used interchangeably." In case anyone was wondering!!

    Happy Mother's Day too. Enjoy the beach:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look FABULOUS, darling. A beautiful mother-to-be!!

    ReplyDelete