Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I love avocado!


Wow! 16 weeks today. 4 months. That seems crazy. The baby is about the size of an avocado - 4 1/2 in long and weighing in at 3 1/2 oz. The legs are much more developed, the head is more erect than it has been, and the eyes have moved closer to the front of the head. The ears are close to their final position, too. A big growth spurt is about to happen . . . the baby is supposed to double in size in the next couple of weeks. Will I!? Another exciting thing is that I will begin to feel the baby move in the next week or so . . . I can't wait for that!

I still feel great. If it wasn't for the headache that I have just about everyday, I would have no complaints. I am eating a lot less - get full much fast. I will be interested to see what my weight gain is on Thursday. We have a doctors appointment on Thursday so I will blog more after that. And I still promise a belly shot, but need Brian to hook the camera cord up for me to download.

Brian went out of town this weekend for a bachelor party and I got SO much done. I started working on the closets so that we can get all clothes and other things out of what will be the baby's room. I ordered a dresser and a chest of drawers from Zgallerie for our bedroom. I think this will solve all problems - with a little closet redo. They are supposed to be delivered in two weeks. I can't wait! I also got a couple more maternity clothes. They have the cutest stuff at the Gap! I have a lot of stuff now - if it would just warm up a little I could wear it! Any day now I am going to wake up and not be able to wear anything, but elastic waists.

Our friends, Shanna and Luke, had a baby boy on Friday. Cole Lucas. I went to see him at the hospital on Saturday. He is beautiful! Shanna delivered at Winter Park too, so it is always fun to go there and picture us there in a few months. I really like it there. Shanna wouldn't share any details of the "hard labor" with me. She just kept shaking her head. As bad as it was . . . I could see that it was worth every second of it - the bond they already have is such an amazing thing. I'm so excited!

1 comment: