Tuesday, March 17, 2009

18 weeks!



Oh no! I hate bell peppers, but I love you! This week the baby is about 5.5 inches long - about the size of a bell pepper - and weighs almost 7 ounces. It's busy flexing its arms and legs — movements that I can't wait to start noticing very soon. The blood vessels are visible through the thin skin, and the ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from the head a bit. If we're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If we're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound. Better show us your junk in 2 weeks! That's right . . . our sonogram is two weeks from today. It's like waiting for Christmas when you are 7 (times 100!). Is it just me, or are the weeks just flying by now!?

Still nothing to report from me. I feel great. Less headaches the last couple of weeks! Still wearing Mom's trusty black pants and a few other things are hanging in there. Am starting to wear a lot of the loaned clothes - thanks everybody! I haven't weighed myself since last week. I decided I don't have to know everyday! I am pretty sure we are at a 10 pound weight gain. That on top of the 10 pounds since the wedding puts me at just about . . . big!

I wore a bikini twice this weekend! (that was pretty) Just with Brian and my parents. It was my birthday on Saturday and Brian and I went to the beach. It was so nice! We ended up getting dinner outside, on the water, at Down the Hatch in Ponce Inlet. A band was playing and the weather was perfect. It was such a nice day! On Sunday, we went over to Mom and Dad's and sat by the pool. Then mom made an amazing dinner that I "ordered" . . . Spinach Chicken Lasagna - YUM! We had Banana Dream cake from TooJays - it was so good. So as you can see, the theme of my birthday this year was sun and food - two of my favorite things!!

2 comments:

  1. The time is flying by fast for me too! I can't wait for the gender announcement. I will be heading out to shop!
    Grandma-t0-be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had so much fun at the beach babe. You look beautiful! I love you.

    ReplyDelete