Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Myth Busters!

Do you think you can actually lose your naturally curly hair during pregnancy? I am having the WORST time with my hair. It will not play nicely. It doesn't want to curl with mousse and the diffuser but it still needs a blow dryer and flat iron to be straight. Both ways are taking way too long. Do you believe that your hair really changes during pregnancy. AND more importantly, does it go back. I just can't imagine blow drying my hair and straightening each piece while a little person is screaming for my attention. I am already stressed out. Maybe this is why you just cut it short when you become a Mom!?

8 comments:

  1. Your hair does change while you are pregnant- thicker and beautiful for me! Don't know about curls- sorry. I do have many stories about hair changing AFTER pregnancy permanently. My mom's hair got so much darker after she had me and my friend Amy's hair got very curly.

    Yes, with each child my hair got shorter and shorter. If I have a third I might just shave my head. Good prediction- not a whole lot of time to spend on yourself after kids:) I have never been less concerned with my appearance than now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend whose hair got curly during pregnancy and stayed that way. I have another friend whose feet grew from a size 7 to a size 8 1/2 and stayed that way too! (Charlie said if my feet grew I would get to go buy new shoes...but I told him I like my shoes and didn't want to have to replace them! I think he was surprised by my answer-since what woman doesn't want new shoes?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah- my feet grew too and stayed that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My shoes all feel really snug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard all the above as well! AND I have heard you lose hair by the handful after you have your baby. Just a warning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, about 3 months after giving birth you will not believe all the hair that falls out. It was all over our house, in our food- gross- and in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In your food . . . oh my! I might actually enjoy a little less hair - just saying. I probably just jinxed myself for something really bad.

    ReplyDelete