Monday, March 30, 2009

My first letter.

My cousin used to write her daughter a letter on her blog once a month when she was a baby. It was always touching and I looked so forward to it. I would like to try to do the same. But I am going to start now!

Dear Kumquat -

My first letter to you! I promise to never call you kumquat again once we decide on a name for you. Tomorrow is our sonogram to find out if you are a boy or a girl, so maybe a name is in your near future. SO . . . a boy or a girl!? I can't believe we are actually finding out tomorrow. I really don't care either way and your Daddy says he doesn't either. I think it is only natural for me to picture myself with a girl . . . buying adorable outfits, tying bows in your hair, filling the house with pink and then there will be boy problems, prom dresses and wedding plans. And I am sure your Daddy pictures himself with a little boy . . . trucks and baseball caps from day one, throwing the ball in the yard, cheering on the Packers, a buddy for the driving range. But then we both agree that there is nothing better than a daddy's-girl or a momma's-boy! The love between a mother and her son - I can't imagine! And I know a lot about the love between a father and his daughter - I live that!! So, what I am getting at is we really don't care if you are a boy or a girl. We just want you to have 10 fingers and 10 toes, a cute little nose (even if you have your Daddy's nose it's still OK) and lips for me to kiss!

I feel you moving around in there! It is starting to get where I feel you every day. I love it! I feel it, stop what I am doing and pay perfect attention so that I can enjoy it again. Only nothing happens for awhile and then I forget to pay attention again. But I am sure that it's not gas anymore!

I am 20 weeks pregnant tomorrow. That means we are half way there. So far you have been a perfect baby! I appreciate you not making me sick or too out of my mind.

Until tomorrow . . .

Mommy

5 comments:

  1. So sweet:)

    Feeling like I won the lottery being a mom of a boy and a girl I will tell you each relationship is different but no less amazing and life changing!

    When I was pregnant with Sam we discussed which trait in each other would we NOT want our baby to have.

    My answer- Russ' nose!
    His answer- my sarcasm

    Which I told him was so silly because doesn't he know sarcasm is a sign of intelligence ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! We always talk about . . . my curly, red hair on a little boy with Brian's nose.

    We'd love him just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will admit the first thing I looked at was the nose situation with both babies when they were born.

    We are in the clear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My baby as a mommy is beyond emotional! Ah! I can't wait to know if I have a granddaughter or grandson, but as Grandma I am thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy or girl they will be one of the luckiest children on earth to have you and Brian for parents! What a sweet letter, I love the idea - so special. -K

    ReplyDelete