Tuesday, March 24, 2009

19 Weeks!



Wow. The weeks are FLYING now! Yay. Today we are 19 weeks pregnant and the website says the baby is the size of an heirloom tomato. The baby should weigh about 8.5 oz and measure 6 inches from head to toe. So I'm going to say it is the size of a Subway 6 in. Turkey! Yum-o. The hair on its scalp is sprouting (is it a boy with red curls!?). This is a crucial time for sensory development: the baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that it may be able to hear our voices now, so I'll be sure to sing sweet lullabiess so it can get used to my angelic voice! Ha.

Let's see . . . what else?! I feel better than before (and that wasn't bad!). I am getting less headaches - what a relief! I guess the biggest thing is our sonogram to determine the sex is ONE WEEK from today. I can't even explain how excited I am to know! I want to buy little gender specific onesies and talk about decor for the room. Let the fun begin!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait! No, I really mean it, I CAN'T WAIT! I want to buy cute outfits and crochet a gender specific baby afghan!Blue? Pink? I am bored with the white one!
    G-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are almost 20 weeks- halfway there?! These weeks are flying by- I agree.

    I know how excited you are to find out the sex:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like it will change everything. Deciding on a name will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to vote if your little kumquat will be a boy or girl but I am not familiar with all the old wife's tales to even make a conjecture! I cannot express how excited I am... and might I add heirloom tomatoes are a fascinating food item, no? -K

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should do the ring on a string dangle thing just for fun and see if it is right . . . K, we will do it Friday afternoon! Heirloom tomatoes arent very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete