Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Week 20



HALF WAY THERE!!

It's a banana! Today we will actually get to see the banana (well, length of) that is inside of me. Our ultrasound appointment is at 3:00. We are supposed to be there at 2:30 . . . it won't come fast enough! I will blog again with pictures (they send us home with a disk) later today.

The baby weighs about 10.5 oz and is around 10 inches from head to heel. It's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. It's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and we'll see it in the first soiled diaper (I saw Cole's).

Changes in me . . . The top of my uterus is supposed to be to my belly button now. I think mine has been there for over a week. It also says I should have gained about 10 pounds. I think I have gained more like 14. It will be interesting to see if they change my due date after today's appointment.

Check back later for a gender update! YIPPEE!

1 comment: