Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And we have a mystery vegetable . . . or is it a fruit?

17 weeks . . . Is it weird that I don't know what a turnip is? Turnip pie? Turnip soup? What do you use it for?Mom said the web site that she reads compared the size of the baby to a baked potato. I guess I should mention that, but it is still funnier to talk about the mystery ones that the one I read compares to . . . and is that a standard baking potato or a bake potato fully loaded? I know, enough already! I didn't get much sleep last night and am a little slap happy!

The baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker. The baby should weigh about 5 ounces (you know, about as much as a turnip) and is around 5 inches long. It can move its joints and sweat glands are starting to develop.

I learned a lesson this weekend . . . I can't sit in the sun and only eat a hot dog! We went to a baseball game on Sunday with a big group of friends for Ulen's birthday. I was so excited to see everyone, get out, do something like we used to do, and enjoy the warm weather. Well, it was really warm! I had a hot dog at the game and got so hot. I ended up with a headache and later that night got to experience my hot dog again - if you know what I mean (sorry!). I learned that I really do need to eat, healthy treats throughout the day. And this summer is not going to be my friend!

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute! I can so relate to the hot dog story, it happened a time or two with me-not good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot dogs are BAD!! I was so craving a corndog that day. That craving is gone too!

    ReplyDelete